Are you desired to uninstall Internet Explorer such as Internet Explorer 8, IE 6 or IE 9? You would like to use Chrome or Firefox. And mostly Internet Explorer is the default browser when you are using Windows. It is difficult to remove Internet Explorer completely from Windows Vista. There will be leftover files in your computer. In fact, you can freely and fully delete Internet Explorer 8 from your computer if you follow the removal tips carefully as following.
How to uninstall Internet Explorer from Windows Vista using standard way for Free?
In this article, I will use Internet Explorer 8 as a sample. And let you know how to completely remove IE 8. In the standard way, that means you will delete Internet Explorer 8 by using Windows uninstaller in Control Panel. You should follow the removal guides step-by-step.
1. Shut down all programs
2. Click “Start Menu” and then, click “Uninstall a Program”
3. Click “View installed updates” in the Task dialog box
4. Double-click “Windows Internet Explorer 8” in the list of Installed updates
5. Click “YES” in the “Uninstall an update” dialog box.
6. Follow the uninstall guides to remove Internet Explorer 8
7. Restart your PC after you uninstall IE 8.
And now you need to check out if you have already uninstalled Internet Explorer from your computer.
1. After restart your computer, open Internet Explorer
2. If Internet Explorer 6 or IE 7 is displayed in the About Internet Explorer dialog box, you have removed the program.
If you have not deleted Internet Explorer 8, it is necessary for you to carefully follow the steps below.
1. Click “Start” and then type “Cmd.exe” in the “Start Search” dialog Box.
2. Right-click “Cmd.exe” and then click “Run as Administrator” in the programs’ list. If you need to use password, type it or click “Continue”
3. Right-click “Command Prompt” windows inside the Administrator. And then copy and paste the command:
FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages /M Microsoft Windows InternetExplorer 8*.mum /c"cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname & & start /w pkgmgr /up:@fname norestart"
4. Press “Enter” to remove Internet Explorer 8
5. Reboot your computer after you delete the program.
Although the IE removal tip above is a little complicated, it is free. Meanwhile, it will take you much time to get the job done. If the Internet Explorer is still in your computer, you should try to use the most effective and safest Internet Explorer Uninstall method.
How to completely uninstall Internet Explorer from Windows Vista?
You might have tried to fully remove Internet Explorer by using the standard way above for many times, but you failed. You have no idea to delete IE hidden files and extensions. In fact, there is a uninstall tool which is call Perfect Uninstaller. It can help you remove and uninstall any unwanted programs from your computer with ease. Perfect Uninstaller can enable you to automatically and completely delete all hidden files which are related to Internet Explorer.
How to delete Internet Explorer completely by using Perfect Uninstaller?
There are 3 steps for you to uninstall Internet Explorer with Perfect Uninstaller. You can easily follow the uninstall guides below.
Step 1: Download and install Perfect Uninstaller
Step 2: Find and select Internet Explorer in the programs list
Step 3: Click “Uninstall” button to follow the onscreen processes to get rid of Internet Explorer.
Can’t fully uninstall Internet Explorer? It is highly recommended to use Perfect Uninstaller! (100% Guaranteed)