Have you ever tried to uninstall FirefoxToolbar because you install it by mistake?
Have you been disappointed to remove Firefox Toolbar through "Add or Remove Programs" in Windows Control Panel, but you failed?
Have you ever been confused that you have deleted Firefox Toolbar normally, but it is still there?
To avoid this trouble, you could learn and follow Firefox Toolbar uninstall instructions in this article.
How to fully uninstall Firefox Toolbar from your PC?
Method 1: Normally Uninstall Firefox Toolbar with a standard way
Tips 1: How to delete Firefox Toolbar through Windows Uninstall applet
Most of you would like to get rid of program through Windows Control Panel. However, you might miss some steps so that you are not able to delete Firefox Toolbar. Here are the removal guides:
You should reboot your PC and press F8 key on your keyboard. This will open up the Advanced Boot Options screen, in Windows 7 or Vista, or the Windows Advanced Options Menu in Windows XP. Using the arrow keys on your keyboard, highlight the option labeled Safe Mode with Networking. Once it is highlighted, click on the Enter key on your keyboard.
Click “Start Menu” > Select Control Panel option > “Uninstall a Program” (Programs and Features) > Find Firefox Toolbar on the currently installed programs list and its related entries > Click “Uninstall or Change” to delete the application.
And then, you should go back and click “Start menu” button and select “Run.” > Type “regedit” into the box and click “OK” to open Registry Editor > search and locate all registry entries related to Firefox Toolbar.
How to Manually Get Rid of Firefox Toolbar
Step 1: stop all the related processes in Task Manager
Guide: Open task manager by pressing Alt+Ctrl+Del keys at the same time. Another way is to click on the Start button and choose Run option, then type taskmgr into and press OK.
Disable all the malicious processes
Step 2: show hidden files and folders and delete all the following files.
Guide: click the Start button and choose Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, to find Folder Options then double-click on it. In the pop-up dialog box, click the View tab and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
Delete all the following files related to Firefox Toolbar
Step 3: open Registry Editor to delete all invalid registries entries as below
Guide: open Registry Editor by pressing Window+R keys together.(another way is clicking on the Start button and choosing Run option, then typing into Regedit and pressing Enter. )
Delete all the related registries as below:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msconfig.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon "Shell" = "%AppData%\.exe"
After that, you should remove Firefox Toolbar Toolbar from browsers such as Chrome, Firefox and IE by manualGoogle Chrome:
1. Open Chrome.
2. Click on the Chrome menu and select Settings.
3. Click on Extensions in the left side menu.
4. Remove/Disable the Firefox Toolbar.
5. In the Search section, click Manage search engines and remove Firefox Toolbar from the default search engines list.
6. Click OK to save the changes.
7. In the Chrome menu, select Settings.
8. In the On Startup section, Click on Set Pages and delete the Firefox Toolbar URL (you can set a different home page by entering a URL of your choice).
9. Click Ok to save the changes.
10. In the Appearance section, click on Change and delete the Firefox Toolbar URL (you can set a different home page).
11. Click Ok to save the changes.
1. Click on “Tools” and select Manage add-ons.
2. Under Add-on Types, select Toolbars and Extensions.
3. In the right pane, select Firefox Toolbar and click on the Disable button.
4. Under Add-on Types, select Search Providers.
5. Select Firefox Toolbar and click the Remove button.
6. In the General tab, delete the Firefox Toolbar URL from the Home page text box.
7. Click OK to save the changes
1. Open Mozilla Firefox.
2. From the Firefox orange button (or from the standard Tools menu), click on Add-ons.
3. Make sure Extensions is selected in the Add-ons manager left side menu bar
4. Disable or remove the Firefox Toolbar add-on
5. In the General tab, delete the Firefox Toolbar URL from the home page text box.
6. Click OK to save the changes.
If you open a new tab in Firefox and Firefox Toolbar as home page, do the following:
Type: about:config in the address bar and press enter
Confirm the message.
Type: browser.newtab.url in the Search text field
Right-click on the result and select Firefox Toolbar (or Reset in older versions)
After you finish steps, you should restart your pc to confirm the Firefox Toolbar removal. If you are not good at handling this method, you could try Tips 2 as following.
Tips 2: How to fully delete Firefox Toolbar with Perfect Uninstaller?
If you can not follow the removal guides above, it is advised you to get rid of Firefox Toolbar with Perfect Uninstaller as following.
2. Close all running processes including programs and browsers in the Task Manager before you run Perfect Uninstaller
3. Find and locate the program on the currently installed programs list
4. Click “Uninstall” button on the right side to remove Firefox Toolbar.
Alternatively, you could right-click the folder of the unwanted program (normally, in C:\Program Files) or C:\Program Files (x86) in Windows 7 system 64 bits and then select “Force Uninstall with PU” to apply the “Force Uninstall” utility.
5. Follow the prompt “Next” steps to delete Firefox Toolbar.
After you finish the onscreen removal steps, Firefox Toolbar has been deleted from your PC.
Cannot uninstall Firefox Toolbar? Perfect Uninstaller is your choice (100% Guaranteed)
You can know more about the how to force uninstall programs in the video below